Permitted Users of this Site
This Site is intended to be used and accessed by people who are of legal age to purchase and consume alcohol. If you are of legal age in your country of residence and the country from which you are accessing this Site, please continue. If you are not, please exit this Site immediately.
Rights to Contents and Intellectual Property
The copyrights to all materials, content and lay-out of this Site (including text, user and visual interfaces, images, look and feel, design, sound, etc. and any underlying software and computer codes) are proprietary to Beam Global, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, or third party licensors. You may not copy, reproduce, post on any other website, republish, upload, encode, modify, translate, publicly perform or display, commercially exploit, distribute or transmit any portion of this Site or make any derivative works from this Site in any way without Beam Global express prior written consent.
Any name, logo, trademark, service mark, patent, design, copyright or other intellectual property appearing on this Site is owned or licensed by Beam Global or its parents, affiliates or subsidiaries and may not be used by you without the prior written consent of Beam Global or the appropriate owner. Your use of this Site does not grant you any right, title, interest or license to any such intellectual property appearing on the Site.
Any unauthorized use of the content of this Site may subject you to civil or criminal penalties.
Use of this Site
Beam Global maintains this Site for your personal entertainment, information and education. You should feel free to browse the Site and may download material displayed on the Site for non-commercial, lawful, personal use only provided all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials are retained and such information is not modified, copied or posted on any networked computer or broadcast in any media. All other copying (whether in electronic, hard copy or other format) is prohibited and may breach intellectual property laws and other laws world-wide. All commercial use of all or part of this Site is prohibited except with Beam Global express prior written consent. All rights not expressly granted here are reserved to Beam Global.
You may not use any computer program tools including, but not limited to, web spiders, bots, indexers, robots, crawlers, harvesters, or any other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process ("Tools") to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Site or any content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site or any content, to obtain or attempt to obtain materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Site. Tools that use the Site shall be considered agents of the individual(s) who control or author them.
BEAM GLOBAL DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THIS SITE OR ANY CONTENT, SERVICE OR FEATURE OF THE SITE WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE SITE AND ITS CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSES, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR ACCURACY.
Beam Global also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for any such damages caused by viruses or other forms of contamination or destructive features that may effect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any materials, text, images, video or audio from the Site or any linked sites.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall Beam Global, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and services providers, or the officers, directors, employees, shareholders, or agents of each of them, be liable for any damages of any kind, including without limitation any direct, special, incidental, indirect, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages, including lost profits, whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages, and on theory of liability whatsoever, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of, or your browsing in, or your links to other sites from, this Site. You acknowledge by your use of the Site, that your use of the Site is at your sole risk. Certain laws do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages; if these laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimers may not apply, and you might have additional rights.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Beam Global harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising from or related to your use of the Site.
On-Line Stores; Promotions
Communications with this Site
You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate the law. Beam Global will fully cooperate, including but not limited to, maintaining and disclosing any transmittals or communications that you have had with the Site, disclosing your identity or helping to identify you, with any applicable law or regulation, law enforcement authorities, court order or governmental authority.
Any communication or material you transmit to the Site by e-mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like is, and will be treated as, nonconfidential and non-proprietary. Beam Global cannot prevent the “harvesting” of information from this Site, and you may be contacted by Beam Global or unrelated third parties, by e-mail or otherwise, within or outside of this Site. Anything you transmit may be edited by or on behalf of Beam Global, may or may not be posted to this Site at the sole discretion Beam Global and may be used by Beam Global or its affiliates for any purpose, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting. Furthermore, Beam Global is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to the Site for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products using such information. If you transmit any ideas, concepts, materials or other communications to this Site, you accept that it will not be treated as confidential and may be used by Beam Global without compensation in any manner whatsoever, including without limitation reproduction, transmission, publication, marketing, product development, etc.
Although Beam Global may from time to time monitor or review discussion, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards, and the like on the Site, Beam Global is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such locations nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger, or inaccuracy contained in any information within such locations on the Site. Beam Global assumes no responsibility or liability for any actions or communications by you or any unrelated third party within or outside of this Site.
Notice and Procedure for Making U.S. Claims of Copyright Infringement
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide a Notice with the following information to the Site's Copyright Agent:
An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
Your address, telephone number and e-mail address;
A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, it's agent or the law;
A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Courvoisier's Copyright Agent for Notice is:
Beam Global Copyright Agent
Beam Global Spirits & Wines, Inc.
510 Lake Cook Road
Deerfield, IL 60015
We may give notice to our users by means of a general notice on our Site, electronic mail to a user’s e-mail address in our records, or by written communication sent by first-class mail to a user’s physical address in our records. If you receive such a notice, you may provide counter-notification in writing to the designated Copyright Agent that includes the information below. To be effective, the counter-notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
1. Your physical or electronic signature;
2. Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
3. A statement from you under the penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
4. Your name, physical address and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your physical address is located, or if your physical address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which Beam Global may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of allegedly infringing material or an agent of such person.
At its sole discretion, Beam Global may modify or discontinue the Site, or may modify or terminate your account or your access to this Site, for any reason, with or without notice to you and without liability to you or any third party.
User Name and Password
You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user name and password. You shall be responsible for all uses of your membership, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify Beam Global of any unauthorized use of your user name or password or any other breach of security.
Unaffiliated Products and Sites
Descriptions of, or references to, products, publications or sites not owned by Beam Global or its affiliates do not imply endorsement of that product, publication or site. Beam Global has not reviewed all material linked to the Site and is not responsible for the content of any such material. Your linking to any other sites is at your own risk.
United States Governing Law; Void Where Prohibited
This Site shall be governed by, and your browsing in and use of the Site shall be deemed acceptance of and consent to, the laws of the State of Illinois, United States of America, without regard to principles of conflict of laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, this Site may be viewed internationally and may contain references to products or services not available in all countries. References to a particular product or services do not imply that they are appropriate or available to all persons of legal purchasing age in all locations, or that Beam Global intends to make such products or services available in such countries. Any offer for any product, feature, service or Application made on this Site is void where prohibited. Your information will be transferred to Beam Global, located in the State of Illinois, United States, which location may be outside of your own country, and by providing us with your information, you are consenting to such transfer. Although we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of any personal information collected, we will not be liable for disclosure of personal information obtained due to errors in transmission or the unauthorized acts of third parties.
Beam Global Spirits & Wines, Inc.
510 Lake Cook Road
Deerfield, IL 60015
©2011 BEAM GLOBAL SPIRITS & WINE, INC. All rights reserved.
Information Collected At This Site
There are 2 types of information that we can learn about you as you browse and use this site. Each type of information can be used in a different way.
1. Internet-related Information - generic statistical and demographic information that we gather passively from visitors to the Site.
2. Personal Information that you provide when registering, ordering online, entering a promotion or making contact with us.
1. Internet-Related Information Gathered Passively
We collect Internet-related Information from visitors to our Site, including the referring URL, your IP address, which browser you used to come to the Site, the country, state or province, the pages of our Site that you viewed during your visit and any search terms entered on our Site, for the purposes of system administration, to gather broad demographic information, and to monitor the level of activity on our Site. We track customers' traffic patterns throughout their online sessions, including which pages or specific URLs a customer views while using the Site. We use your Internet-related Information to diagnose problems with our servers and software and to administer our Site. We may share aggregated statistics about pages viewed on our Site, demographic information and sales and other shopping information with third parties to enrich your visitor experience.
2. Actively Collected Personal Information You Provide
If you provide information about yourself by registering on a page, ordering product, filling out a survey, entering a promotion (including contests, sweepstakes, offers and rebates) or otherwise voluntarily telling us about yourself or your activities, we will collect and use that Personal Information to respond to your request, and for other business purposes, including identifying consumer preferences and improving our products and services and the content of this Site. We may also contact you by email, regular mail, fax, text message, or telephone from time to time with information about our new products and services, special offers, upcoming events and changes to this Site. If you do not wish to be contacted by all or any of these methods, you may let us know by sending an email message to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to give us your exact name and address, and your detailed request so we can respond appropriately.
How To Access Or Modify Your Personal Information
You have the right to access and modify your Personal Information. You can access and change your Personal Information by contacting us at email@example.com. Your Profile will be updated.
If you provide us with your consent, we may share your Personal Information with our affiliates and business partners with whom we have joint marketing arrangements. We may also give you the opportunity, at the time that you provide us with your contact information, to have your information shared with other third parties or posted on this site for reasons we will describe at the time we make the request. If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with our marketing affiliates and business partners, then please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links To Other Websites
Where Do We Store And How Do We Secure Your Personal Information
Your information will be transferred to Courvoisier SAS, located at, 16200 Jarnac, France which location may be outside of your own country, and by providing us with your information, you are consenting to such transfer. Although we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of any Personal Information collected, we will not be liable for disclosure of Personal Information obtained due to errors in transmission or the unauthorized acts of third parties.
User Name And Password
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user name and password. You shall be responsible for all uses of your membership, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify Beam Global of any unauthorized use of your user name or password.
What To Do If You Have Questions Or Concerns About Your Information, Or If You Need To Contact Us
This policy is effective as of March 1, 2011
BEAM GLOBAL SPIRITS & WINE, INC.
510 Lake Cook Road
©2011 BEAM GLOBAL SPIRITS & WINE, INC. All rights reserved.
VOID OUTSIDE OF ONTARIO, CANADA AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED. DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR RECIPE IF YOU ARE NOT AT LEAST 19 YEARS OLD AND A LEGAL RESIDENT OF AND CURRENTLY RESIDING IN ONTARIO, CANADA. THIS CALL FOR ENTRY WILL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO THE LAWS OF ONTARIO AND THE LAWS OF CANADA APPLICABLE THEREIN
THE COURVOISIER COLLECTIVE CULINARY MASTERPIECES COMPETITION
The Courvoisier Collective Culinary Masterpiece Competition is a call for entry that involves student and at-home chefs creating new and inspirational recipes inspired-by and infused with Courvoisier cognac. Budding chefs can submit their original culinary masterpiece which meets the criteria set forth below in these rules.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. The Courvoisier Collective Culinary Masterpieces Competition is comprised of two separate category calls for submissions or original work, namely one category submission by culinary students and another separate category submission by at-home amateur chefs (collectively the "Contest"). Entrants may only enter one category. Contest sponsored by Beam Canada, Inc. ("Sponsor") on-line by completing the entry form including name and e-mail address at www.courvoisiercollective.com and following the on-screen instructions.
To enter: Beginning 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time ("EST") on July 3, 2012 and ending at 11:59:59 a.m. EST on August 24, 2012, access www.courvoisiercollective.com and follow the on-screen instructions to enter the Contest by completing the entry form and by submitting an ingredient list, cooking instructions (collectively the "Recipe") and photograph of the of the entrant's original completed recipe (collectively the "Entry). Beginning on July 3, 2012, eligible entrants can enter the Contest through The Courvoisier Collective application by accessing www.courvoisiercollective.com and follow the on-screen instructions, which includes connecting with Facebook to allow the use Courvoisier Collective application.
Only Recipes that meet the following criteria will be accepted:
- Must fall under the category of soup, salad, hors d'oeuvres, or entrée
- Must be an original recipe, ingredient list, cooking instructions and photograph of the completed Recipe only, photos of anything else may not be accepted as an eligible Entry
- Must stay under 15 ingredients and include directions to infuse with one of the following Courvoisier cognac expressions: VS, VSOP, Exclusif or XO
- Must be submitted by a resident of Ontario who is 19 years of age or older with an authorized Facebook account
Submissions after 11:59:59 a.m. EST on August 24, 2012 will not be eligible to enter the Contest. Entries must be suitable for publication and compliant with the following content requirements in the sole opinion of the judges. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry that it determines in its sole discretion to contain any content that depicts consumption of alcoholic beverages, depicts anyone who is or appears to be under the legal age of drinking in the applicable province or territory of residence, is obscene, defamatory, dangerous, discriminatory, infringing or otherwise inappropriate or unsuitable for publication to general audiences over the age of nineteen (19), depicts children or images that primarily appeal to those under the legal purchase age, or that contains any third party trademarks (other than those of Courvoisier, should entrant choose to include Courvoisier product(s) in the Entry) or copyright protected material. All entrants must use caution and common sense in creating the Recipe, taking the photograph and submitting the Entry.
Entries must be submitted by, and in the name of, one individual person who is participating in the Contest. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of registration. The "authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The computer clock of Sponsor's webmaster is the official timekeeping device of the Contest. All Entries must be transmitted, completed, and received between 11:59:59 a.m. ET on August 24, 2012.
Entry Errors/Tampering: Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) electronic or digital transmissions or any entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, postage-due or misdirected; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone transmissions, damage to entrants' or any person's computer and/or its contents, or causes beyond Sponsor's reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest; (iv) any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these rules; (v) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, (vi) any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Contest, or in the announcement of prizes/prize winners/finalists; or (vii) malfunctions or interference resulting from illicit, malicious or injurious code (including but not limited to viruses, worms and denial of service attacks). Sponsor reserves the right, without liability to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest for any reason, including but not limited to any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, transmission failure, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, or if the Contest is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, and Sponsor reserves the right, but shall not be obligated, to select the winners from among all non-suspect entries received in each category as of the date and time of such termination, cancellation or modification. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify and prosecute any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry or voting process or who votes using any automatic or programmed entry duplication method.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR OTHERWISE CORRUPT THE CONTEST OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY, PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
2. Limit one (1) Entry per person, e-mail address. If more than one entry is received per person or e-mail address by any means including, but not limited to, establishing multiple e-mail accounts, all such entries submitted will be disqualified.
3. Valid entries received by the dates and times set forth in Rule 1 will be eligible to be judged by a committee of qualified judges between August 24, 2012 and September 7, 2012 for the Contest (See Rule 1, above, for content requirements and see Rule 4, below, for judging details). Proof of mailing, e-mailing or registering does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt by Sponsor.
By entering, entrants acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and agree to waive all rights and remedies at law or in equity for any claim they may have relating to this promotion. By entering, entrant represents and warrants that his or her Entry and Recipe is his or her original creation, that neither the Entry itself, the Recipe or the act of preparing the Entry infringes or infringed on the property or other rights of any third party, and that the Entry is suitable for publication (i.e., is not obscene or indecent and complies with the content requirements in Rule 1 in the sole opinion of the judges). Modifying, enhancing or altering a third party's pre-existing work does not qualify as an entrant's original creation.
Entrants grant Sponsor the non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, and unlimited rights to use, reproduce, copy, publish, display, distribute, perform, translate, adapt, edit, modify, retouch, alter and otherwise exploit the Recipes or photos and to incorporate them in other works in any and all markets and media, whether now known or hereafter developed, throughout the universe in perpetuity. Should the Sponsor use an Entrant's Recipe, proper accreditation will be given in the form of the Entrant's name as provided with their Entry. Entrants warrant that they have the exclusive right to grant such rights to Sponsor, and that the Sponsor's reproduction, publishing, displaying, editing, modifying, retouching, altering and/or other use of the Submissions will not infringe on any rights of third parties, including, but not limited to, copyright, trademark, privacy, personal, proprietary, or publicity rights, anywhere in the world. Entrants agree that Sponsor shall have no obligation to copy, publish, display, or otherwise exploit the Recipes or photos.
All eligible entries will also be posted on the site www.courvoisiercollective.com and may be announced by news release.
4. Judging and Voting:
Judging. Starting on August 25, 2012, recipe submissions will be reviewed by a committee of qualified judges selected by the Sponsor. Judges will select recipes that best exemplify a revolutionary approach to cooking with Courvoisier and based on the following criteria: Creativity (25%), Technique (25%) & Originality (25%). Judges scores are final and will not be revealed. Decisions of the judges are final and binding in all matters relating to Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to decrease the number of selected entrants if a sufficient number of qualifying entries is not received.
Determination of Winner. Six (6) Finalists (three (3) from the at-home amateur category and three (3) from the student-chef category will be selected on or around September 7, 2012. The following weights will be assigned to the final score for each recipe; Judging Score - seventy five percent (75%) Public Vote Totals - twenty five percent (25%). On the basis thereof, the Sponsor will determine the selected Finalists.
A "People's Choice" winner will also be selected and announced on www.courvoisiercollective.com, based on the entrant with the most public votes. The People's Choice winner will not receive any prize and is not guaranteed to be selected as a Finalist. Finalists will be chosen based on the criteria and scoring stated above in the Determination of Winner section of Rule 4.
Odds of winning depend on the caliber of each entry and on the number of votes received as noted above and the number of entries. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements of these Official Rules.
Judging. Finalists, as defined in these Rules, will attend the Courvoisier Collective event on October 17, 2012 in Toronto to prepare their recipe submissions with the Judges and professional chefs. Recipes will be served to Judges and attendees of the Courvoisier Collective event on October 17, 2012. Judges will select recipes that best exemplify a revolutionary approach to cooking with Courvoisier and based on the following criteria: Creativity (25%), Technique (25%) & Originality (25%). Judges scores are final and will not be revealed. Decisions of the judges are final and binding in all matters relating to Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to decrease the number of selected entrants if a sufficient number of qualifying entries is not received. All food, preparation materials for the Courvoisier Collective event on October 17, 2012, will be provided by the Sponsor.
Finalists: Six (6) Finalists, determined by Rule 4 above, will be awarded: A Visa gift card valued at five hundred dollars ($500.00) for Finalist to use toward a trip to Toronto, including accommodations (if necessary) to attend the Courvoisier Collective event on October 17, 2012. Finalists will have the opportunity to work with a team of elite chefs to recreate their recipe and have it served at the Courvoisier Collective event. Finalist Prize requires entrant to attend the event on October 17, 2012 in Toronto.
Grand Prize: Two (2) of the Finalists (one (1) from the Student Finalists and one (1) from the amateur Finalists, described above) will be awarded one thousand dollars ($1,000). The winners will be selected at the event based on criteria listed in Rule 4 Round two Judging. The Prizes consist only of items specified herein. Dollar amounts are expressed in Canadian currency. Prizes are non-transferable, and no prize substitutions or cash redemptions are allowed except by Sponsor in its sole discretion, or as otherwise provided herein. The Prizes will be awarded according to these rules, no later than October 20, 2012 providing all recipients have claimed the prize by submitting a Declaration of Release form, issued by the Sponsor. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of all prizes is $10,000.
6. Selected entrants may be required to provide positive government issued identification specified by Sponsor to claim the Prize. The Selected Entrant will be required to sign and return a Declaration and Release Form and may be required to sign additional documents without additional compensation (where permitted by law) in a timely fashion in order to claim the Prize, or the Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner, time permitting, based on the criteria described above.
7. Rights: By submitting an entry you warrant that it is your wholly original creation, including all underlying elements, and does not infringe any copyright, trademark, publicity, privacy or other intellectual property or proprietary right of any third party, including any union or guild. Entrants further warrant that they have obtained a written assignment of all rights, title and interest in and to the Entry, including intellectual property rights, to him or herself from all contributors to the Entry, if any, and a written irrevocable waiver of moral rights from all contributors to the Entry; other than in respect of the contributions from the contributors to the Entry who have provided a written assignment and waiver, no third party materials are used in the Entry, whether or not licensed. Entrant agrees that it will provide proof of any assignment, waiver, permission, consent and release described in these rules upon request.
By participating, entrants hereby agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Facebook, Provincial Liquor Boards/Branches, independent judges, their affiliates, subsidiaries, each of their respective directors, officers, shareholders, employees, agents, and advertising and promotional agencies (collectively the "Releasees") from and against any and all liability for claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, or loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light) which may occur in connection with use of the www.courvoisiercollective.com website (including but not limited to damage to entrants' or others' computer equipment resulting from participation), their preparation for or participation in the Contest or preparation or posting of any entry, or from their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize or participation in any prize-related activity they may be awarded.
Selected entrants agree to indemnify and hold the Releasees harmless from and against any claims, suits, losses, damages and expenses, including reasonable legal fees and costs (including attorney's fees and costs), which arise in connection with any allegation that their entry violates the intellectual property rights of any third party, or in connection with any allegation based on rights of privacy or publicity, defamation or portrayal in a false light.
8. This Contest is open to legal residents of Ontario, Canada who are at least 19 years of age or older at the time of entry, except employees, directors, officers and agents of the Sponsor, its parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies, Provincial Liquor Boards/Branches, liquor licensees, the Sponsor's advertising and promotion agencies, independent judges and members of the immediate families (defined for these purposes as including parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, and each of their respective spouses) or households (whether related or not) of any of the above. Except where prohibited, this Contest shall only be construed and evaluated according to applicable Canadian Federal, Provincial, and/or Municipal laws and regulations, and submission of an entry constitutes acceptance of the laws of Canada. Sponsor reserves the right to take such action as it deems necessary to enforce these Official Rules and ensure the fair operation of this Contest, including, without limitation, barring entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules. This Contest is void outside of Canada and where prohibited by law.
9. PERSONAL INFORMATION: By entering the Contest or accepting a prize, entrants consent to the collection, use, storage and distribution of their personal information, including without limitation their name, address, telephone number and age by Sponsor in reference to all matters related to this Contest or in any publicity carried out by them without compensation and agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final. Such information is stored for only so long as required to complete the purpose for which it was collected. An entrant's personal information shall not be provided to any third party by Sponsor without the entrant's consent except for the purposes of executing and administering this Contest and the prizes.
10. The Provincial Liquor Boards/Branches/Agencies/Retailers are not connected with this Contest in any manner whatsoever, and are not liable in any way whatsoever in regard to any matter that relates to this Contest.
11. For the name of the Prize winner, send a self-addressed stamped business-size envelope after January 1, 2013 and no later than February 1, 2013 to: The Courvoisier Collective, Beam Canada, Inc., 67 Mowat Avenue, Suite 200, Toronto, Ontario, M6K 3E3 or visit www.courvoisiercollective.com between the above-referenced dates. Canadian residents must include Canadian postage.
13. Sponsor: Beam Canada, Inc., 67 Mowat Avenue, Suite 200, Toronto, Ontario, M6K 3E3
14. Facebook is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrant is providing information to Beam Canada, Inc. and not to Facebook. The information entrant provides will only be used for verification of eligibility to participate in the promotion. Please direct any questions or comments regarding this promotion to Beam Canada, Inc.
Courvoisier® Cognac, 40% alc./vol. Courvoisier Import Company, Deerfield, IL USA Courvoisier is a trademark of Courvoisier S.A.S. ©2012 Courvoisier S.A.S.